Thursday, October 2, 2008

Post Turtle

In honor of tonight's one & only VP debate, I send you this. It came to me via email from a friend in Vermont. I have no idea where she got it, but now it's here for you to enjoy:
I was suturing a cut on the hand of a favorite patient and friend of
mine, an old Texas rancher who'd caught his hand in a gate while he was working
cattle. While I worked, we talked and the conversation came around to
Sarah Palin and her bid to be a heartbeat away from being President.The old
rancher said, "Well, ya know, Palin is a post turtle."Not being familiar with
the term, I asked, "What's a post turtle?"The old rancher said, "When you're
driving down a country road and you spy a fencepost with a turtle balanced on
top, that's a post turtle." He saw that I looked puzzled, so he continued, "You
know she didn't get up there by herself; she doesn't belong up here; she
doesn't know what to do while she is up there and you just wonder what kind of
dumb ass put her up there to begin with."

No comments: